Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The 12 Posts of Christmas ... Post 2

  Woohoo! Pie day (aka Thanksgiving) is right around the corner, and I'm back to share another super fun Christmas project!

  This project was inspired by Luvleescrappin on YouTube. The base is an advent calendar from Kaiser Craft, and I had a blast making all the fun 3D elements with Graphic 45's Nutcracker Sweet collection!

 
After I assembled the calendar, I painted the base black and covered the drawers with papers from the collection. I found some number stickers at my local Joann's and covered them with glossy accents. Then I started the fun part ... creating the Nutcracker scene!
 
 

 
To create the living room scene, I glued a piece of patterned paper to the base, then attached a square for the window. I used cardstock strips to create the window panes, and covered the panes with Picket Fence Stickles.
 

 
I fussy cut images from the paper collection and layered them on chipboard to make them sturdier. I created Styrofoam bases for the curtain panel, Clara, the clock, and the banner, and glued the bases to the back wall of the calendar. I added a Christmas tree, some ribbon for curtains, and some candy pieces to finish the scene. 

 
The coolest part about this project is that it has space in the back for a flickering battery-operated tea light that creates the look of a flickering fireplace.
 
Here's a link to Luvleescrappin's video:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and be sure to eat an extra slice of pie for me!

1 comment: