Saturday, June 1, 2013

Giddy for Cupcakes!

  Since it's Stampin' Up retired product season again (insert sad face here), I stocked up on a few last-minute goodies I've been eyeing for a long time. One was the ADORABLE Cherry on Top hostess set. The stamp set comes with a cake plate and a variety of interchangeable cupcakes  to stamp inside. After seeing a tutorial by Dawn Olchefske, I decided to try her view master card with a twist. True and instant love resulted.




This little piece of heaven uses Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry, and Daffodil Delight paper and ink, some black embossing powder, my new chevron embossing folder (Yay!), Apothecary Accents and Circle dies. You guessed it ... the cupcakes inside the cake plate spin to reveal different colors and patterns. WHEEEEE!



My sentiment is living inside the card, stamped in Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry ... with a fussy cut cherry on top. I cut the sentiment out with my Labels Collection Framelit die and layered over a piece of DSP cut with the Decorative Label Punch.



This might just be my favorite card EVER. Maybe, just maybe. :) Here's a link to Dawn's tutorial. I hope you'll find it inspiring too!



Have a lovely weekend, my friends!

1 comment: