Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mojo Monday 278

  Wow, the entries at Mojo Monday this week are AMAZING! Do you ever look at the level of some of these projects and wonder if you could ever create anything as incredible? I sure do!

  It's round or square week, and I chose square. I had some Carta Bella scraps left over that I wanted to use up and I thought the pink and red might be perfect for some Valentines Day cards. I don't send too many, but I like to make a few for special people in my life.

Here's the sketch:



And here's my take:



  I used a Glitz design stamp gifted by a wonderful friend for the old telephone and hand cut some wonky hearts for the edge. I stamped the swirl and used pink liquid pearls for texture. I really wanted to machine stitch my row of hearts, but alas, the sewing machine hasn't magically fixed itself. (Darn it!) The inside reads, "Just calling to say I Love You."

  Since I had all my stuff out, I made a second card with the same sketch and an old acrylic stamp I've had for ages and never used once. Today was the day! I colored the couple with Copics and layered them over a fun doily I got from Ellen Hutson LLC. The baker's twine is Stampin' Up's Cherry Cobbler.



  Well, I'm off to do the best kind of work: Deciding what I really need to put on my Stampin' Up order this month! Have a wonderful Sunday, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I love the paper combination! And about your question at the top of the page, yes! Every time I see your blog I wonder that. I'm totally serious about that. :)

    ReplyDelete