Sunday, January 6, 2013

Once Upon a Sketch January Challenge

  Hi, friends! Today I'd like to share my page for Once Upon a Sketch's January challenge. This challenge site is one of my favorite because of its focus on journaling and using scrapbooking to tell our life stories. The theme this month is "The Start of Something New," so I decided to do a page on my life's biggest adventure, the joy of becoming a mother of twins. 

Here's the lovely sketch designed by Nadia Cannizzo:


And here's my page based on the sketch:


For this layout I used Carta Bella's Beautiful Moments paper line and sticker sheet, a Leaky Shed chipboard frame, and lots of blooms from Prima, Recollections, and a few I made myself. I cut the title with my Cricut and Storybook cartridge.

Here are a few close-ups:


I made the pink flowers out of polyester suiting fabric by cutting various circle sizes and melting the edges with my heat gun. I spritzed them with ink and added some inexpensive pearls from the beading section at my craft store. Bad-a-bing!


I wanted to tell a longer story on this page, so I decided to place the journaling on the back. I've been trying to do this more and more with my layouts.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! While January can be a dark and gloomy time of year (at least here in Montana) I hope you find some little joys to carry you through! I saw a bunny out my window this morning which made my whole day! It's the little things, right? See you soon, my friends!

6 comments:

  1. Umm...gorgeous. Breathtaking. So sweet. That's my favorite page you've ever made. The pictures, the layering, all the details! Fabulous! And totally going on my Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is precious!! Beautiful soft colors, and breathtaking flower clusters, oh my!!! Thanks so much for joining us at OUAS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh amazing love it i have also worked whit this sketch greetings Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful page Jessica.. love all your beautiful details and precious photos!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely page Jessica! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete