Monday, October 8, 2012

World Card Making Day 2012

     Happy World Card Making Day, friends! I hope you get to set some time aside today to make a special project for someone special in your life!     

     Do you have a stamp set in your stash that is just totally you? That embodies every design element and style that you love? Mine is the Papaya Collage Stamp Set from Stampin' Up. I have several sets that I love, but I think this one is just completely "me."

     My mom's birthday was last week, but we always have a big family birthday bash at the end of October where we exchange gifts and cards. I wanted to make her card reflect her love of nature and the outdoors, and I just had a hankering to do a project with a pretty, feminine feel.




     I kept the layout simple on this project to draw attention to the lovely images in this set. I stamped the leaf motif in Lucky Limeade around the edges, added some Rose Red popped up roses and butterflies, and used the greeting from the Apothecary Art set for the sentiment. I used rhinestone strips for the butterfly bodies to add just a little touch of sparkle.

     Thanks for stopping by today, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment