Friday, October 5, 2012

Special Cards for Special People


 I love creating cards for special people! It's rare that I actually know who the recipient of my creations will be while I'm making them, so I really got to challenge myself this week to find fitting designs for some cards my mom requested.

     The first special request was a birthday card for her twin sister. My aunt is an amazing quilter, so I wanted her birthday card to reflect that special talent. (I'm so glad she and my mom are twins! Getting her call reminded me Mom's birthday is coming up soon too!) I used a bear paw quilt square as inspiration after seeing a similar card posted by trackscrapper on the Splitcoast Forum. I paper pieced the pattern before embossing it with my square lattice embossing folder.I can't wait to try this with other quilt patterns from my vintage quilt patterns book. 



  The second card is a thank you for all the work my aunt and uncle did while they were "vacationing." They seem to improve any place they visit! I tried to put a little travel theme together on this one and made sure to include some postage with a vintage truck since my uncle is currently rebuilding a classic truck. (Not like this one exactly, but you use what you have, right?)


  There are some more homemade paper buttons on this one -- my new favorite thing!

  I hope you are having a wonderful week, my friends! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOoooooh I love these!!!!! The quilt is perfect for Auntie! She is going to love it! I think it's amazing how you really themed these cards to so personal to her!

    ReplyDelete