Monday, October 15, 2012

Once Upon a Sketch #2 ... Almost

     Sometimes you love a sketch so much you have to use it twice, right? That's the story with the Once Upon a Sketch challenge this month. The challenge also involved using a particular quote in creative ways, which I entirely forgot about. So this entry isn't actually an entry, but it almost was.

Here's the sketch:



And here's my second go-round:



     I used my last piece of Pink Paislee Hocus Pocus paper for this layout, a Tim Holtz mask and playing card, and I cut the grungeboard sign with my alterations die and inked it. Embossed images from the Toxic Treats stamp set from Stampin' Up served as accents.





The orange flowers started life as white flowers, but that just wouldn't work at all! I misted them with Pumpkin Pie ink and used black glitter around the petals to doll them up a little.


I decided to use the back side of the Tim Holtz playing card and used a rub-on from the collection.

  I hope you're enjoying fall wherever you are today. Thanks for stopping by today, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment