Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mojo Monday #260

     Hi, friends! This week I've been on a mission to make some cards for my sweet auntie who visited recently and was so supportive of my crafting. Every time I see her and my uncle I wish they lived closer so we could spend more time together.(Quite often I wish we all lived in Europe so we could drive just a few hours to see each other instead of days!)

     I wanted to make a thank you card for her to show my appreciation for her deep dive into my craft box. I love it when my work is appreciated like that! I would gladly give it away, but, being my auntie, she wouldn't let me do that. :) I decided to use the Mojo Monday sketch this week as a guide.


And here's my take on the sketch using cute little Wryn from Tiddly Inks:


  I used paper from Stampin' Up (First Edition and Everyday Enchantment DSP), Spellbinder's Dies, and a paper button I made to match with the Buttons #5 Sizzlits die. I'm going to be doing that a lot since the buttons look totally authentic, always match, and can be made much thinner than the plastic variety! I used this tutorial: 




     You know what else is awesome? How much my daughters love to craft with me. Last week Sophia played along with the Mojo Monday sketch and came up with this cute creation:


What a fun hobby to share! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card! Thanks for sharing the button tutorial; that is great!! I absolutely love Sophia's card too. Holy tamoley. Some serious craft power there. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete