Friday, April 6, 2012

PTI Up, Up, and Away Birthday

     This week I've been working on a few birthday cards to have on hand for the millions of birthday parties attended by elementary school girls. I wanted these to be light-hearted, fun, and gender-neutral so we can pull them out and use them for absolutely anyone.


This center step card is so enormous I had to make it it's own envelope (it measures 5.5"x 8.5") and uses a whole sheet of standard cardstock. I saw a card like this online and lamented that I didn't have instructions for it, but my 9-year-old daughter who was surfing with me said, "Oh, Mom, that would be easy," and proceeded to cut and fold a perfect template for me to use in about 35 seconds. Sheesh.


 
This card is paper pieced and layered (really high) for a 3-D effect. My kids love anything 3-D, movable, or gi-normous, so I used them as my muses. ;)



The last card is much like the first one on a smaller scale to fit in a traditional envelope. I love these kites!!

     Two bits of major excitingness: I finally ordered my first set of Copics, and I'm dying to receive them, and it's Friday, which means it's craft night with my crafting buddies. What could possibly be better? Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment