Saturday, December 31, 2011

Joy

I've been saving up ideas for a Christmas banner for my living room for more than a year, and I finally got around to making my vision a reality over Christmas break. (Can you tell that I'm exactly the opposite of a spontaneous crafter?) My living room is very girly, as is my Christmas tree, so I wanted my banner to be distinctly Victorian in character.

Here are a few photos of what I finally came up with:



My sheet music stamp roller was indispensable on this project, as was glass glitter and dazzling diamonds glitter. Glitter, glitter, glitter! I found a tube of faceted gems in the bridal section of my local craft store and used those to add an extra girly touch.


I cut the flowers on white crinoline with my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and inked the pieces in pastel colors. Then I stamped the petals with Staz-on and my music roller and curled the petals with my heat gun.

Merry Christmas, my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment