Friday, November 18, 2011

Retreat Report

     Holy snow! Winter has very officially arrived here, and my garage envy is in overdrive. I was commenting yesterday that only in Montana do we have leaves falling on top of snow. When winter happens, it happens quickly!


    Today I want to share a couple of projects I did at a retreat back in October. The first is a piece of framed art that I can't wait to duplicate for Christmas gifts! This class was taught by the wonderful and talented Tamara Carisch, who was also kind enough to purchase, paint, and distress the frame for me. (Thank you, Tamara!) We used the Mistables line by Pink Paislee and Tim Holtz Distress Stains to personalize our projects, so they all came out looking totally different. Of course I chose a vintage/shabby chic look for mine. I had a blast making this project!







     During my second class, we assembled and decorated Kaisercraft's 9 drawer box. This was another project we got to personalize, and I had an absolute blast making it!  Sheila Segil taught us a gorgeous technique using metal flashing tape, acrylic paint, and embossing folders. I wish I had better photos to share, because these just don't do the real thing justice!






     Thank you, ladies, for a super fun day and for two beautiful projects that I'll admire for years to come!

1 comment: