Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Inspire Crinoline Flower

     I adore flowers, so I've been messing around quite a bit with making my own lately. Layouts with flowers are so beautiful, but all those embellies add up quickly. I don't like to sew, so I've been looking for no-sew methods of making fabric flowers, and this one was just a happy accident.




     I cut five layers of polyester crinoline with my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and stained them with Distress In in Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, and Barn Door. I was trying to speed up the drying time by hitting them with the heat gun, when WHAM! Shrinkage turned the petals into ... petals! I'm sure I'll be making lots more of these in every color imaginable.


     This card is for my darling sister, who inspires me every day. She just finished her Master's Degree in Education, and I'm thrilled for her!!


Happy Tuesday, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment