Monday, August 29, 2011

Your Beautiful Life

     My, how the summer has flown by! I haven't had much time to craft lately since I've taken on more hours at my second job this summer, but I finally finished a layout I've been working on for a long time off and on.

     School started today, and the house is so quiet! I love having the girls home for the summer, and I'm never as excited as they are for school to start. I like the messes and the questions, the adventure of finding something fun to do with little money, and the good company. The highlights of the summer included a trip to the farm (where we found a litter of kittens), the fair, and watching the sun set on a blanket in the yard. It's little moments like these that I'll always treasure up in my heart.

     The layout I'm posting today features a photo of my best friend (who also happens to be my sister) on her wedding day. She was a gorgeous bride, but what shines through most for me is how her beauty on the outside has always reflected her beauty on the inside. She's made her life into something beautiful, and I'm so, so proud of her.


     My sister is an amazing teacher who has chosen to spend her time making the lives of others better. She's an amazing aunt, and my daughters adore her. What a wonderful role model they have! She's involved in community service and is never out of wise, honest, and encouraging words. She's incredible at making people feel special and loved.  I'm truly blessed to know her.



     I knew I wanted this layout to be absolutely plastered with flowers and pearls, so I used paper and felt to create several different kinds and sizes. Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die was absolutely invaluable to this process! I wanted to make my roses look almost like porcelain, so I coated them with Glossy Accents. I created a reverse-masked doily background for the bottom layer to add some visual interest, and the top left features seam binding woven through eyelets and tied in a bow. Very girlie! 


     My sister was a radiant bride, and her light of her beautiful life shines brightly every day. I'm just lucky to be touched by her sweet sunshine.
    
Materials used:
Paper: Once Upon a Springtime (Graphic 45), Die Cut from Lullaby Lane Collection (Webster's Pages), Very Vanilla, Old Olive Cardstock (Stampin' Up) Ink: Worn Lipstick, Tea Dye (Tim Holtz) Dies and Punches: Tattered Florals (Tim Holtz), Circles #2 Die (Stampin' Up), Boho Blossoms Punch (Stampin' Up), 5 Petal Flower (Marvy Uchida), XL Flower Punch (Stampin' Up), Little Leaves Die (Stampin' Up), Small Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart) Stamps: Music Notes Roller, Elements of Style (Stampin' Up) Embellies: Tiny Pearls (Joann Fabrics), Very Vanilla Seam Binding (Stampin' Up), Journaling Card from Lullaby Lane Collection (Webster's Pages), Tags from Once Upon a Springtime Collection (Graphic 45), Grungeboard Flourish (Tim Holtz), Acrylic Fragment (Tim Holtz), Baker's Twine (Stampin' Up), Pink Pearl (K&Company), Vanilla Felt, Paper Doilie (Michael's), White Eyelets, Vanilla Crepe Paper (German Corner LLC) Tools: Aqua Painter (Stampin' Up), Crop-a-Dile, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (Stampin' Up), Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue, White Acrylic Paint, Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely positively gorgeous!!! You are amazing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blink blink blink. Did I just sniff a little sniff? Yes, I did! Thank you for such sweet words about me! I feel exactly the same about you!

    I LOVE the layout, especially that a layout of ME has flowers all over it! You pegged me! (Now can you remind me how to make that big gorgeous white one?)

    ReplyDelete