Friday, August 5, 2011

A Coign of Vantage


     I found the coolest thing ever at Barnes and Noble a while back ... a clip art book entitled 120 Great Paintings with full-color electronic designs in various sizes on CD!  Oh, the possibilities! I love the idea of incorporating more fine art prints into my projects, although I'm more excited about the thought of doing this than coming up with great ideas for how to do it.

     The very first image in the book is a painting called "A Coign of Vantage" by Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, and it's possibilities for a vintage fabulous wall art piece struck me right away. I can't wait to incorporate some Waterhouse into my paper crafting as well. If you love vintage like I do, not much can make me giddier than some great art prints. (Except some crackle paint, but that's another post.)

Materials:
Paper: Ummm, from my stash. (I believe the music type is 7 Gypsies, and the blue is Basic Gray Christmas paper), chipboard for backing
Ink: Vintage photo, Tim Holtz
Tools: Crop-a-dile and eyelets, Flourish Mask (Tim Holtz), Scallop Punch (Fiskars), sewing machine, Mod Podge, glossy accents
Embellies: 20-year-old lace from my mom's sewing stash, Prisms (7 Gypsies), Crackle painted grungeboard (Tim Holtz), Tiny Type stickers (Pink Paislee), Stickles, Vintage thrift store earring, Seam binding (Webster's), Art print

No comments:

Post a Comment