Hello, crafting friends!
Sorry for the long blogging break, but life gets crazy when school starts! I'm so grateful for these years raising my daughters, and I hope I can squeeze every little bit of joy out of every day we have while they're young, even when the days seem long and repetitive. I never could have imagined how much a heart could love other people without those girls!
I hosted my first Stampin' Up event this weekend, and I had an absolute blast! Thank you so much to all of you who attended. I got to introduce quite a few ladies to the joys of paper crafting, and nothing could make me happier!
I would love to start sharing project directions and photos on my blog, so here is the first installment for your idea file! Thank you to fellow demonstrator Angie Kennedy Juda for the great inspiration!
Mini Pizza Box with Matching Mini Cards:
Mini Pizza Box:
You'll need: 5 1/4 by 9 1/2" piece of Basic Black card stock with an extra piece for punching circles, 2" length of white satin ribbon, 3" square of Designer Series Paper in Real Red, Whisper White card stock for stamping, 2 1/2" and 2" circle punch, Real Red and Basic Black Classic Ink, Stampin' Dimensionals, strong adhesive, and the Artistic Etchings stamp set from Stampin' Up.
1) Score the black card stock at 1", 4 1/4", 5 1/4", and 8 1/2" across the long horizontal side and at 1" along both vertical edges. Cut from the edge of the card stock up to the first score line on both horizontal sides.
2) Fold ribbon over and glue to bottom of 3" square paper to create a pull tab.
3) Stamp the medallion image on white card stock with Real Red ink. Stamp another image of your choice over the medallion in black. Punch with 2" circle punch and layer over a 2 1/2" black circle. Adhere layered circles to 3" square with Stampin' Dimensionals.
4) Attach 3" square to top of box. Assemble box by placing a strong adhesive (like sticky strip) on the outside of each small square tab, folding them to the inside.
You will need: 3" by 6" piece of Basic Black card stock with extra for punching circles, 2" circle punch, 2 3/4" square of Tempting Turquoise Designer Series Paper, 2 3/4" square of white card stock, 4" piece of white satin ribbon, 2" circle punch, Whisper White card stock for stamping, Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black Classic Ink, Snail adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, and the Artistic Etchings stamp set from Stampin' Up.
1) Score and fold black card stock at 3" to form card base.
2) Stamp "Amour" from Artistic Etchings set on square of white card stock in Tempting Turquoise and adhere to inside of card.
3) Stamp medallion in Tempting Turquoise and overlay with the image of your choice in Basic Black. Hand cut around medallion or punch with 1 1/2" circle punch. Layer over a 2" black circle. Layer circle images over 2 3/4" square of Designer Paper with Stampin' Dimensionals.
4) Tie a loose knot with satin ribbon and adhere under main image.
5) Adhere 2 3/4" turquoise square to front of card base.
To alter the look of your project, any combination of Designer Series Paper and matching ink can be used. Have fun!!