Sunday, April 25, 2010

Love Sign


I created this sign to go with my set of hanging layouts. It's SOOO sparkly and fun! I painted an 8x8 canvas with Scattered Straw Distress Crackle Paint and distressed it with Vintage Photo ink. I rubbed Stickles around the edges and brushed the edges of the canvas with black ink.


Then I created a background out of patterned paper and distressed it with ink and a Tim Holtz flourish mask. Of course, I had to add some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Gold as well!


I decorated grungeboard letters with acrylic paint and distress ink and then stamped words over the letters in solvent ink. I distressed the edges in black and added green Stickles lightly with my finger.



I decorated one corner with a grungeboard key and some stickers and bling. On the lower right, I layered an acrylic fragment backed with patterned paper, a crackled butterly with wire antennae, and a spiral flower made from patterned paper. This was my first attempt at "scrapbooking on the wall," and it's been one of my favorite projects ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment