Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hooray for Wintumn!

When the leaves start to turn and the snow starts to fall, it's autumn in Montana. The inclement weather and 5:30 sunset causes us to do all sorts of things: eat too much, spend too much money on seasonal decorations, and, of course, break out all of those craft projects that have been hanging around.

I finally finished a few that have been hanging over my head for a long time. (Or at least they've been stuffed in the closet for a long time.)




What do you do with those adorable punch-needle designs? They're so cute, but I'm always at a loss as to what to do with them when they're done. I designed and completed this punch needle pattern a few years ago after watching the good old Charlie Brown "Great Pumpkin" Halloween special. I layered the design over hand-dyed felt, stitched it onto a scrap of fall fabric and added a ribbon hanger.

Here's another fall pillow I finished recently. The center is a cross-stitch design I started two Halloween's ago that I thought would be "quick" and "easy." Is anything ever quick and easy when you have kids? Here it is with a Debbie Mum ghost and pumpkin border fabric. I think it was worth the wait.

Happy crafting, and eat some extra pumpkin pie for me!

1 comment: