Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Feathers and Frost Pop Up

Greetings, crafty friends! 

Today I want to share another project using the adorable Feathers and Frost stamp set from Stampin' Up's 2018 holiday catalog. The little bird images in this set are just too cute, and I just received Papertrey Ink's Movers and Shakers sliders dies. I couldn't wait to try them out to see where a combo of these products might lead!


I started with a thick white A2 card base, and I layered a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Merry Mistletoe DSP in this lovely shaded spruce color over the top. The Slider die comes with both a vertical and horizontal orientation, so I cut the horizontal pocket in Shaded Spruce cardstock and stamped some Shaded Spruce poinsettias in the background.


Next I colored the leaf background and two birds with my copic markers on a square of white cardstock for the pop up element. I fussy cut the birds and centered a gold glitter heart between them. (They are SOOO cute!) I repeated the coloring inside and on the double slider portion that pops up at the top.


This die takes a little practice, but overall the process of putting this card together was fairly easy after a little experimentation. Now that I understand the construction, I know I will be using this die set a lot! How cute would this pop up be with balloons, animals, flowers, hot air balloons … any image for any occasion!

Thanks for stopping by today, and stay warm out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment