Monday, August 27, 2012

The Simple Life Mini Album

     My recent trip to the family farm got me in the spirit for a fun mini album project full of country images. For this mini I used a bunch of 6x9 envelopes I found at the thrifty (score!) and the Mabel Stella and Rose paper collection. I LOVE the country feel of these beautiful papers which are reminiscent of an old farmhouse, and the texture of this paper is delicious. Pure joy!

     I used a card stock binding for this album and chipboard covers. I'd never bound my own book with chipboard, and it was a little more challenging than it looked on the tutorial by Following the Paper Trail. I'm sure practice makes perfect, so it will get easier in the future. I decorated the cover with images from my Country Life Cricut cartridge. The little pig and chicken are my fave, so they had to introduce the album!


Here are a selection of some of the pages in the album. This album has twelve inside pages (with pull-out pockets for each envelope) and holds 35 photos in various sizes.







     I had so much fun with this little album. I can't wait to stock it with photos! Have a wonderful week, my friends!

1 comment: